Monday 23 April 2012

Book Review - Bad Moon Rising - Frances di Plino

This is a tightly written, well-researched psychological crime thriller.

From the opening page through to the final scenes, Frances di Plino guides the reader through a labyrinth of twists and turns in both the main plot and multiple sub-plots;
all of which may lead to a potential serial murderer who is targeting the local prostitutes. All the characters are believable with just enough back-story allowed to permeate through the text, to leave the reader wanting to know more.

The lead detective, Paolo Storey obviously has some personal issues that colour his judgement and although the reader is permitted glimpses of these as the plot unfolds, I wasn't prepared for the cruel twist at the end. I found myself wanting some form resolution. Bad Moon Rising does not fall into the category of cosy police drama (aka. Midsomer Murders) it is more true to life. We cannot always have the happy ever after result we would like.

I think it leaves plenty of juice in the tank for a second book. Should there be one on the way, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

I sincerely hope that Francis di Plino is holding on tight, because I have a feeling that Bad Moon Rising is about to send her Supernova.

No comments:

Post a Comment