Tuesday 25 June 2013

Book Review - Blackbrooke II, The Guardian by Emma Silver - Kindle Edition



I read the first of the trilogy 'Blackbrooke' and really enjoyed it, and like any good book; it left me eagerly anticipating the release of the second book in the series.

I haven't been disappointed, a little shocked may be, but definitely NOT disappointed.  It picks up nicely where the previous book left us, with our heroine being taken into the 'Institute' after handing over her remaining best friend to the 'Crits'.


The story that unfolds contains all the best ingredients for a great YA thriller, a heroine, several power hungry, financially greedy protagonists and a plot with more twists and turns than a helter-skelter; did I mention the ‘Crits’. 
 
'The Guardian' has a much darker, sinister and menacing feel about it than its predecessor, but don’t let that put you off; it’s a cracking good read
.
Did I like it? Oh Yes.
Would I read it again? Quite possibly.
Would I read the next one? You bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment