Sunday 23 June 2013

From the mouths of babes...

 
I've always maintained that my daughter had 'been here before' and, I think, I now have the proof. Whilst laying the table for Sunday lunch, I explained that...

 "Daddy sits there because he has longer legs." 

Taking a moment to think about it, Lara then proceeded to give me a lesson in re-incarnation.
 

"When I get older, my legs will get longer and I will be able to sit there. When my legs get longer I will die and become a baby again, just like Daddy will, won't I Mummy. And you will."

Quite an enlightened 'pearl of wisdom' from the mouth of a 3 and a half year old, if I do say so myself? And no mean feat either, considering neither it, nor religion are topics that she's been exposed to, not within our earshot anyway.



Ancient Souls

The youngest eyes hold hidden truths
of questions raised and loss of youth.
Beguiling, sweet... so unaware
an ancient soul lies hidden there.

Within the depths of sapphire's hue
lies wisdom that is old but true,
whilst taking stock, new life unfurls,
both strangers to this modern world.

The innocence of infancy
yet gentle eyes hold mystery...
a deeper, calmer sense of self,
an ancient soul... spiritual wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment